Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.1. In this document:
- "ACL" means the Australian Consumer Law.
- "As Is" means a Product sold in the displayed state, including any defects which have been brought to your attention.
- "Guarantee Period" means the period described in your Tax Invoice that we warrant your Product will remain free of defects.
- "Manufacturer's Guarantee" means an express guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer of a Product.
- "Product" means a product sold or supplied by Super Amart to You directly as a consumer.
- "Super Amart", "Us" or "Our" means Super A-Mart Pty Ltd ACN 009 810 324.
- "Tax Invoice" means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products.
- "Quality Guarantee" means this warranty against defects for Products sold or supplied to You by Us.
- "You" means the person to whom a Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
3. This Quality Guarantee is in addition to all of the rights you have under the ACL or any Manufacturer's Guarantee.
GUARANTEE PERIOD4. Super Amart warrants that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Guarantee Period described in your Tax Invoice.
5. The Guarantee Period commences from the date of your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Quality Guarantee, the Guarantee Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Guarantee Period for the original Product.
SCOPE OF QUALITY GUARANTEE6. Unless excluded under clause 12, this Quality Guarantee covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Guarantee Period.
7. The remedies offered under this Quality Guarantee are available only to the original purchaser (or beneficiary) of a Product and are not transferrable.
8. You must advise us within 7 days when a defect is identified as failure to do so may adversely affect your rights to a remedy under the Quality Guarantee, particularly when your failure to advise us causes additional damage or defects in the Product.
9. Where a "Major Defect" in the Product occurs within the first 12 months of a Guarantee Period, we will at your option provide a full refund, replace the Product or repair it.
10. Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Guarantee Period which:
a. does not constitute a Major Defect; or b. is a Major Defect which is identified after the first 12 months of the Guarantee Period, we will at our option, replace the Product, repair the Product or provide you with a full refund. 11. A Major Defect occurs when:
- the Product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully aware of the nature and extent of the defect; or
- the Product departs in a significant respect from any description, sample or model; or
- the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
- the Product is unsafe.
12. Super Amart's liability under this Quality Guarantee does not extend to:
- damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
- damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, abuse, neglect, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions; or
- damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
- breakage or damage to glass table tops or mirrors; or
- damage caused by Acts of God; or
- defects in Products sold "As Is" which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
- for those sold for less than $250, a period of 3 months.
- for those sold between $250 and $500, a period of 6 months.
- for those sold between $500 and $1,500, a period of 1 year.
- for those sold over $1,500, a period of 2 years.
HOW TO CLAIM14. To make a claim under this Quality Guarantee, simply follow these steps:
- Locate your receipt (or other proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Us) which proves the date on which you purchased the Product.
- Contact the store from which you purchased the Product. See www.superamart.com.au/store-locator for contact details.
16. This Quality Guarantee is given by Super A-Mart Pty Ltd ACN 009 810 324 ("Super Amart")
Address: Super Amart Administration. 2 Pannikin Street Rochedale South 4123. (PO Box 1470 Springwood QLD 4127)
Telephone: Super Amart Administration - +617 3380 5500 Facsimile: +617 3380 5599
Email: email@example.com Web: www.superamart.com.au