Super Amart Warranty Policy
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.1. In this document:
- “ACL” means the Australian Consumer Law.
- “As Is” means a Product sold in the state that is displayed in, including any defects which have brought to your attention.
- “Manufacturer’s Guarantee” means an express guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer of a Product.
- “Product” means a product sold or supplied by Super Amart to You directly as a consumer.
- “Structure” means “means the frame and where the context dictates, the foam, pocket springs, foundation and mechanisms and the term “Structural” has a corresponding meaning.
- “Super Amart”, “Us” or “Our” means Super Amart Pty Ltd ACN 009 810 324.
- “Tax Invoice” means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products.
- “Warranty” means this warranty against defects for a Product sold or supplied to You by Us.
- “Warranty Period” means the period described in your Tax Invoice that we warrant your Product will remain free of defects.
- “You” means the person to whom the Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
3. This Warranty is in addition to all of the rights you have under the ACL or any Manufacturer’s Guarantee.
Warranty Period4. Super Amart warrants that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period described in your Tax Invoice.
5. Warranty Periods commence from the date of your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Warranty, the Warranty Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Warranty Period for the original Product.
Scope of Warranty6. Unless excluded under clause 10, this Warranty covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Warranty Period.
7. The remedies offered under this Warranty are available only to the original purchaser (or beneficiary) of a Product and are not transferrable.
8. Where a “Major Defect” in the Product occurs within the first 12 months of a Warranty Period, we will at your option provide a full refund, replace the Product or repair it.
9. Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Warranty Period which:
- does not constitute a Major Defect; or
- is a Major Defect which is identified after the first 12 months of the Warranty Period.
10. A Major Defect occurs when:
- the Product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully aware of the nature and extent of the defect; or
- the Product departs in a significant respect from any description, sample or model; or
- the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
- the Product is unsafe.
11. Super Amart’s liability under this Warranty does not extend to:
- damage, failure, fading, lor deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
- damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions. See www.superamart.com.au/customer-service/productcare; or
- damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
- breakage or damage to glass table tops or mirrors; or
- damage caused by Acts of God; or
- defects in Products sold “As Is” which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
12. Notwithstanding any other wording on your Tax Invoice, the applicable Warranty Period for both the Structure and covering of Products sold “As Is are as follows”:
- for those sold for less than $250, a period of 3 months.
- for those sold between $250 and $500, a period of 6 months.
- for those sold between $500 and $1,500, a period of 1 year.
- for those sold over $1,500, a period of 2 years.
How to claim13. To make a claim under this Warranty, simply follow these steps:
- Locate your receipt (or other proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Us) which proves the date on which you purchased the Product.
- Contact the store from which you purchased the Product. See www.superamart.com.au/store-locator for contact details.
15. This Warranty is given by Super Amart Pty Ltd ACN 009 810 324 (“Super Amart”)
Address: Super Amart Administration. 2 Pannikin Street Rochedale South 4123. (PO Box 1470 Springwood QLD 4127)
Telephone: Super Amart Administration - +617 3380 5500
Facsimile: +617 3380 5599